Policy on Memorial and Special Gifts Donations
Peace Lutheran Church recognizes memorial donations to be a living, dynamic and tangible means of honoring the lives of those who have gone ahead to their heavenly home. This will be accomplished
by careful and deliberate use of these gifts in ways that will bring results over a period of time, preferably years, and that contributes to our mission. Special monetary gifts given for whatever reason(s) are so very helpful in keeping God’s work and mission strong as it is expressed through Peace Lutheran Church.
Your gift may be designated for a capital improvement or for ministries/programs/missions.
- To put donations to work as soon as possible following their receipt.
- To use donations as an “investment” for a purpose that might not otherwise be funded.
- To not use memorial or special gifts for general operating expenses such as heat and lights, unless requested by the giver.
- When designated funds are used to fund a project or need that is completed and there are excess funds, the church council will designate the remaining funds to a new project or purpose so that the funds can be put to work rather than to accumulate in an unused account.
- Church Council will review Memorial and Special Gift Funds and their designations at least semiannually in May and November.
Special Projects for Peace Lutheran Church:
- Video & Screen for sanctuary
- Landscaping supplies & plants
- Air Conditioning for sanctuary
- Furnishings (additional)
- Patio Area Improvements
- Health Ministries (BeFrienders, Parish Nurse)
- Other _________________