Peace Lutheran Church

Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
(320) 685-7656

Our Story of Faith

 

We’ve been called to do God’s work and grow the Kingdom of God from atop a wooded and prominent hill in Cold Spring.

 

This is our story and it begins with a community-wide outreach in the early 1990s:

 

  • Invitation to community to join a new worship family at Rocori high school - 1993

  • Charter formation to established Peace as an ELCA mission church - 1994

  • Installation of our first pastor Ron Bockhaus (15 years of service) - 1995

  • Land acquisition at 1000 Red River, north of Cold Spring - 1996

  • Groundbreaking on the 7500 square foot worship center - 1999

  • Dedication of the Lord’s house known as Peace Lutheran Church - 2000

  • Establishment of a partnership for the Garden of Peace Cemetery - 2005

  • Growing again—building expansion completed by ELCA Mission Builders – 2010

  • Dedication of an Education Wing and Fellowship Hall at Peace Lutheran - 2011

  • New Chapter begins with Pastor Mark and family - 2012